Monday, May 28, 2012

Week 7- Focus

I started this week off with a nice walk/run in the city park. It's good to have a daily quiet time, but for some of us that's hard to find or should I say do. We stay busy running in different directions and when we do stop we are usually ready to just crash for the night. I always worry I will fall asleep while praying..lol. I don't think I'm the only one who has that problem :) Well my workout time is not so quiet but I do a lot of thinking and praying during that time. This weeks focus is basically repeating the previous weeks prayers. So I started today with some personal cleansing. I ended my walk/run with some praise time and prayer just sitting quietly on a park bench. I love that time with God!

Focus Scripture: Joshua 3:5
 "...Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you."

Here is our prayer schedule:

                         May 27: Personal Cleansing (yes I knew I was off a day but I did something yesterday as well)
                         May 28: Pray for our Leadership team and Translators

                         May 29: Pray for our Team

                         May 30: Pray for the Churches and Revivals

                         June 1: Pray for the locations we will stay and safe travels.

So far one change in our travel, our flight from London to Uganda was cancelled. Our new flight leaves us in London for 10 hrs. Our Team has voted to go spend the day in London. Needless to say Alley is pretty excited :) However, we will lose some rest time once we get to Uganda. So please pray we get to make that up somewhere or we get a long second wind :)

Alley got her Hep A vaccination last Thursday, no side effects :) We start taking our Malaria medication around the 3rd or 4th. So please pray there aren't any issues.

Personal prayer request: Please pray for Terry and Taylor as they prepare for us to leave as well. Pray there is peace and they are able to spend some time together. Also pray as we prepare our teaching and skit material. We are doing a drama/skit in ref. to speech (1 Tim 4:12) and I will be teaching. Pray for God's guidance in each of these.

                        
Thank you for your prayers!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the Church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Eph. 3:20-21

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment